Sunday, September 14, 2014

FROM A BOOKSTORE'S ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY

Dear Son,

Do you remember that I took you to Napa Bookmine, a fabulous independent bookstore in Napa?  Well, they celebrated their one-year anniversary this weekend, and Dad and I stopped by to help them celebrate by trading and purchasing books!  These are the books we took home for our library:

Five poetry books:

Three history books:

A journal and memoir by two writers:

A memoir by a writer among major 20th century artists:

Son, do you remember that I introduced you to the bookstore workers (I can't recall whether it was Elayna or Naomi you met) and that I emphasized that you must always be good to the bookstore workers you meet during your life?  I meant it -- here is an article I wrote about Napa Bookmine after my first visit there.

Napa Bookmine also is primarily a used bookstore and their offerings -- and the variety we acquired at our visit -- show what's wonderful about used bookstores: you can't anticipate the gems you will discover!

Son, we hope you will always be at home in bookstores.

Love,
Mom and Dad



No comments:

Post a Comment